November 3, 2013 / in
Willens Law Offices is pleased to announce our inaugural “Anything But Law School” scholarship. Some of you may be wondering, why would a law firm create a scholarship to dissuade students from practicing law? The answer is simple; we currently do not have enough jobs to be able to effectively train the current number of freshly minted lawyers in our profession. To protect the reputation of our profession Willens Law Offices has created this scholarship to persuade undergraduates to pursue another graduate degree for a limited time.
Our annual scholarship is $1,000 and will be awarded in 2014.
Selection and Eligibility Information
- The scholarship program is open to undergraduates entering graduate school in 2014
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen accepted to or currently attending an accredited school within the United States.
- Academic achievement as reflected by an undergraduate cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA
- click here to view complete eligibility information
Application Requirements – Application Deadline: July 1, 2014
Willens Law Offices Anything But Law School Scholarship Program is a competitive process. Applicants must submit the following items:
- A completed application (click here)
- A current undergrad official transcript and copy of your acceptance letter to grad school
- A one page essay describing your reason for choosing your particular program of study and why the job prospects appear to be good after graduation.
- Please share this scholarship opportunity with your friends and family by Tweeting @WillensLaw, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Google Plus. (Not required, but appreciated.)
The winner of the 2014 scholarship will be announced in August of 2014
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please complete the application
All application materials can be sent by U.S. mail before the July 31st, 2014 deadline. Mail to the attention of Nancy Luchini
Willens Law Offices
Attn Nancy Luchini
30 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 3450, Chicago, Illinois 60602
For questions please email [email protected]