Call Now For Your
Free Consultation

Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Malpractice

What to Do if You Think Your Child Suffered from a Lack of Prompt Medical Treatment

Cerebral palsy is a term that is used to describe different types of brain injuries. These injuries can be caused by trauma during birth, lack of oxygen at the time of delivery, infection in the utero, or other problems. Cerebral palsy can also happen after birth if there are infections like meningitis or encephalitis, which damage the brain causing developmental disabilities and impairment.

If you think your child may have suffered from a lack of prompt medical treatment, which may have led to a cerebral palsy birth injury, there are things you can do to get help. Parents who suspect the negligence of doctors or nurses harmed their children must act quickly to preserve evidence and limit any potential damages.

There are two kinds of doctors who can be held responsible for this type of medical malpractice. The first is the obstetrician and anyone involved in your prenatal care, including nurses and residents under their supervision. The second group includes any physicians, surgeons, or other hospital staff members treating you during labor and delivery.

What can you do about it? Nothing is more important than your child’s health and well-being. We know how precious your child is to you and how devastating it can be when negligent medical treatment causes injury. We are here to help you get the compensation your child deserves for the harm they suffered because of Cerebral Palsy birth injury malpractice, or any other kind of personal injury caused by another party’s negligence.

Preparing To File A Lawsuit:

If you suspect that something went wrong during the birth process, it is vital to get a copy of all medical records as soon as possible and contact an experienced Cerebral Palsy birth injury lawyer to discuss your child’s situation.

Personal Injury lawyers can help you determine what happened and what legal remedies may be available to you. You should not wait too long before getting the information you need because there are time limits on when a lawsuit must be filed after an injury has occurred. State legislatures have enacted statutes of limitation that determine how long you have to file a legal complaint against a negligent party.

We understand what an emotional time this is for you and how difficult it can be to deal with a child’s medical problems. We will continue to be here for you throughout the process and help find answers to your questions about Cerebral Palsy birth injury malpractice law.

Our lawyers will walk you through this process step-by-step, making sure you understand all of your legal options while protecting your rights along the way. Our expert personal injury attorneys have a track record of success in cases just like yours. We know how to build a strong case, present it well, and quickly get results for our clients. The legal process can be overwhelming without professional representation, but we want to make it as easy as possible for you.

Contact Our Experienced Birth Injury Malpractice Lawyer

We are here for you, your family, and your child. Willens & Baez fight hard to ensure that our clients get the full amount deserved in compensation for their injuries caused by others’ negligent behavior. For more information on how we can help, you may speak with our Chicago Medical Malpractice lawyers at (312) 957-4166.

Request a Free Consultation

Call: 312-957-4166

Free Consultation. No Fee Until We Win. We’ll Even Come To You.

Why Choose Willens & Baez

Millions in Case Verdicts & Settlements

Over the past two decades, Mr. Willens and his team of Chicago personal injury lawyers have been instrumental in obtaining numerous million-dollar-plus recoveries on behalf of clients in a wide variety of injury cases. One of the personal injury verdicts he was involved in was recognized by The National Law Journal as one of the Top 100 Verdicts in the country in the year in which it was tried. One of the verdicts he helped secure set a state record.



Free Case Evaluation

Skip to content