If you have suffered personal injury or lost a loved one due to a defective product, you may be able to receive compensation for both economic damages and non-economic damages suffered.
Typical economic damages can include:
- Medical bills already due
- Expected medical bills, an experienced attorney can make a good estimate of the lifetime cost for many injuries
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy, may include modifications to home and car to accommodate disability
- Lost wages
- Diminished future earning ability if you are not now able to work in the same job
Typical noneconomic damages can include:
- Pain and suffering, including ongoing pain
- Diminished quality of life due to activities you can no longer enjoy because of injury
If you lost a loved one due to a defective product, a wrongful death lawsuit can be filed that can seek compensation that includes:
- Loved one’s expected lifetime earnings
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship
The amount of compensation for your case depends on the specific circumstances of the accident, and the type of injury. Brain injury can be hard to document and argue successfully, but it can be done. If your case takes a long time to settle, you may also be given interest on the compensation.
In some cases, compensation may be diminished by payments you have already received. If, for example, you were injured by a defective product at work, and received workers’ compensation for your injuries, the workers’ compensation insurer may seek to be repaid. The same is true if you received Medicaid benefits for medical expenses.
Contact Willens Law Offices to Receive a Free Consultation from an Experienced Attorney
To discuss your personal injury, medical malpractice, car accident or wrongful death case, call our Chicago Personal Injury Attorneys today at (312) 957-4166 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. Initially, we will listen to you and offer you guidance. We see this initial FREE consultation not only as a way for us to get to know you, but also for you to better understand who we are and what we can do, so you can feel comfortable making the decision as to which law firm to hire.