Bicycle Accident Lawyer – Accident Lawyer Chicago
A lot of bicyclist don’t get medical treatment right away. We think it is mostly due to the adrenaline pumping so hard that they feel ok.
Throughout Chicago, biking can be a preferred method of traveling. Chicago hosts over 200 miles of bike lanes and there are plans to increase the the lanes by 445 miles by 2020. Even with lanes dedicated to bicyclists, accidents involving vehicles will still occur. When a car hits your bike, damage to the car is minor, while the damage to your bike and your body will be severe. Cars come equipped with seat belts and airbags. The only air bag you have as a cyclist, is the space between you and the ground. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2012 there were 726 bike accidents resulting in death.
Bicycle Accident Facts
- Dooring is illegal in Chicago. If a driver opens their door causing an accident, the motorist is liable.
- Unobservant driver. If a driver is unfocused, forgot to look both ways, and hits you, they are liable for damages to you and your bike.
- A motorist failed to yield. When you are cycling you have the right of way over merging vehicles.
- Distracted Drivers. Motorists preoccupied by their cell phones are a threat to anyone in their vicinity. If a driver is playing on their phone and hits you, they will be liable for damages and suffering.
- Driver inattention. Many accidents are caused when a motorist pulls out in front of a cyclist. You can claim compensation.
Willens Law Offices
If you have been in a bicycle accident, you need a professional lawyer on your side. You need the experienced services of Willens Law Offices. We have lawyers dedicated to legal cases involving bicycles. We understand all of the laws and rules involving bikes and motorists. You will need money to repair your bike and heal your body. The costs of hospital visits, recovery, and long term physical therapy can be astronomical. If you have been hit by a car or truck, we will make sure you get the compensation you deserve. In more drastic cases of accidental death, nothing will be able to replace your loved one, yet we will work hard to ensure that you are justly compensated for such a dramatic situation.
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Willens Law Offices will fight your legal battles so you can focus on recovery. Our professional experienced lawyers will be with you every step of the way. Call us today at (312) 957-4166 for a free initial consultation.
Related Bicycle Accident Topics
10 Rules for Chicago Bicycle Safety
Chicago Bicycle Accident Safety Center
Chicago Dooring Lawyer
Illinois Bicycle Rights Download
Chicago Bicycle Accident Lawyer – Know the Law
Chicago Bicycle Accident Lawyer – Know Your Rights