Award-Winning Construction Accident Lawyers in Chicago, IL
Willens Injury Law Offices is a top-rated law firm with an award-winning team of Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers and Construction Accident Attorneys who can help you when you have been injured in a construction accident. Since we charge no legal fees, unless and until we succeed in obtaining a monetary recovery for you, you can count on us fighting hard to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
We know that an injury case has the potential to take over a person’s life, making it difficult to move forward. People turn to us for the dedicated, caring help they require, regardless of the type of accident they were in or the type of injury sustained. We want to help them take control of their situation so they can focus on what matters most — getting back on track. This is also why many of our firm’s cases are referred to us from other lawyers and law firms who trust us to handle their friends, family members and clients’ personal injury cases.
Why Let Willens Injury Law Offices handle your Chicago Construction Accident?
Effective representation and professional client treatment are two major reasons why Chicagoans trust Willens Injury Law Offices.
Every year there are thousands of construction accidents that cause serious personal injury and even wrongful death. Employers, site owners, architects, insurance companies, and manufacturers of equipment can all be held responsible for inadequate safety provisions when a construction site accident occurs. In addition, the general contractor and all subcontractors are also required to provide a reasonably safe site, to warn of hazards, hire careful employees, coordinate job safety, and supervise safety compliance. If you have worked on a site, though, you know that not everyone takes safety seriously, and as a result construction accidents happen frequently.
Willens Injury Law Offices serves Chicago and surrounding areas. We are available 24/7. If you can’t come to us, we’ll arrange to come to you. Your consultation with us is free.
Call (312) 957-4166 For a Free Consultation
Millions in Case Verdicts & Settlements
Over the past two decades, Mr. Willens and his team of Chicago personal injury lawyers have been instrumental in obtaining numerous million-dollar-plus recoveries on behalf of clients in a wide variety of injury cases. One of the personal injury verdicts he was involved in was recognized by The National Law Journal as one of the Top 100 Verdicts in the country in the year in which it was tried. One of the verdicts he helped secure set a state record.
Need an Experienced Construction Accident Attorney?
Serving Chicago, its suburbs, and all of Illinois
The construction accident attorneys of Willens Injury Law Offices have extensive experience working with individuals and workers who have been injured at construction sites.
Construction Worker Accident
People employed on construction sites work in one of the most dangerous occupations in the country. Construction accidents and injuries that can take place at a construction site include, but are not limited to:
- Electrocution Injuries. Approximately 40% of all construction site fatalities involve electrocution.
- Construction Site Falls. Approximately one-third of the construction workers who will be killed on the job this year are caused by falls. The worksite might be unstable. Fall protection equipment might be misused or not used at all. Many of the deaths and injuries from falls can be prevented when the proper precautions are made.
- Crane Accidents. Every year, serious and fatal injuries involving cranes occur when the crane touches a power line when workers assemble and dismantle the crane, or when there are failures in the crane’s construction.
- Scaffolding Accidents. Most are attributed to negligent construction and maintenance of the scaffolding itself. Many injuries that occur each year on construction sites are associated with work on scaffolds.
- Compressed Gases Hazards. Mechanical as well as chemical dangers accompany the use of compressed gases in construction projects. Failure to follow safe handling procedures injures thousands of workers each year.
- Dangerous and Defective Machines. Serious injuries result from moving machine parts when safeguards meant to protect workers are not implemented. Failure to implement such safeguards can and do cause preventable injuries.
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing Accidents. These hazardous activities pose safety and health risks that require employers to determine all exposures to hazards in the workplace and determine what protective measures should be taken.
Injuries sustained as a result of a construction accident can be severe and often career-ending. Construction workers are usually well paid and have good benefits, and a loss in this income can often be devastating for the family. A Chicago construction accident attorney at Willens Injury Law Offices can help you with your claim, as part of a firm that has been fighting successfully for the rights of those who have been injured on construction job sites for many years.
Workers’ Compensation and Other Legal Options
A workers’ compensation claim can, and often should be filed on behalf of an injured worker or his family, even if the injured worker is at fault, or no one is at fault. Construction companies and contractors must, by law, carry insurance regardless of the size of the company.
However, if you were injured as a result of negligence on the part of someone other than your employer, you may be able to receive additional compensation with a lawsuit against the responsible party, including:
- Other contractors on the site
- Head contractor
- Architects, engineers, or planners
- Manufacturers of defective products
If you win a lawsuit against one of these responsible parties, you may have to pay back workers’ compensation, but in some cases, you may still receive additional compensation.
Contact Our Construction Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident, the construction accident lawyers at Willens Injury Law Offices can help protect your rights and assist you in recovering the monetary compensation that you need and deserve.
Contact us today for your FREE consultation at 312-957-4166 as soon as possible to find out how we can help you.