David B. Menchetti, J.D.
Chicago Workers’ Compensation Attorney
David B. Menchetti is “Of Counsel” to Willens Law Offices. He concentrates his practice in the representation of injured workers throughout Illinois before the Workers’ Compensation Commission, the Circuit Courts and the Illinois Appellate and Supreme Courts.
He has been designated as one of the Best Lawyers in America and has been selected by his peers as a Leading Lawyer and a Super Lawyer. He is also listed in Who’s Who in American Law. The Illinois Trial Lawyers Association has presented him the President’s Award.
Bar & Professional Activity
- Illinois State Bar Association – Workers’ Compensation Law Section Council Chair and Legislation Committee member
- Chicago Bar Association – Industrial Commission Committee Chair
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association – Workers’ Compensation Committee Chair
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association – Past President
- American Association for Justice – Workplace Injury Section
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group – Member
- Board of the Chicago Area Committee on Occupational Health and Safety – Member
- Advisor to the Illinois AFL-CIO on workers’ compensation matters and participated in the negotiations and drafted the amendments contained in the historic 2005 Workers’ Compensation reform legislation.
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation Advisory Board
Scholarly Lectures & Writings
- “Penalties” in the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Workers’ Compensation Notebook (contributed Chapter)
- Lectured on workers’ compensation issues for: the Illinois State Bar Association; the Chicago Bar Association; the National Business Institute: the Council on Education in Management; the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education; the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Claims Association; the judicial training program for the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission; the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission; the United Food and Commercial Workers Union; the Laborers International Union; Combined Orthopedic Specialists; the Illinois Bones Association; Kankakee Community College; the University of Chicago Hospitals.
Willens Law Offices is proud to have David Menchetti as an invaluable resource.