Chicago Car Accident Lawyer – Broken Bones – Bone Fracture
If you or a loved one have been the unfortunate victim of a Chicago auto accident and have suffered broken bones or a bone fracture, Willens Law Offices want to help!
Many Chicago car accident victims suffer broken bones and fractures. They are generally more serious than a broken bone from a fall or sports accident due to the extreme force that hits a person’s body, often causing serious injuries. It is not unusual for a person that suffers a bone fracture in an auto accident to require surgery. When there are multiple fractures, the victim may require reconstructive surgery, which involves securing the bones with hardware.
If you or a loved one have been the unfortunate victim of a Chicago auto accident and have suffered broken bones or bone fractures, Willens Law Offices want to help! We focus exclusively on representing individuals and their families who were injured by someone else’s negligence. We charge no legal fees, unless and until we succeed in obtaining a monetary recovery for you and your family.
Types of Bone Fractures
Even though bones are rigid, they do bend or give when an outside force is applied. If the force is too great, like the force from a car accident, they can break.
The severity of a fracture depends greatly on the amount of force that caused it. If the force is only slight, the bone may only crack rather than break all the way through. With extreme force, the bone can shatter.
Common types of bone fractures include:
- Stable fracture
- Compound fracture
- Transverse fracture
- Oblique fracture
- Comminuted fracture
A stable fracture is where the broken ends of the bone line up but are scarcely out of place. When a compound fracture occurs, part of the bone actually sticks out through the skin. A transverse fracture has a horizontal fracture line, whereas an oblique fracture has an angled fracture pattern. Finally, a comminuted fracture is where the bone shatters into more than two pieces and are the result of high-impact trauma.
Types of Bone Injuries from Car Accidents
When a car accident victim suffers a broken bone or bone fracture, they are not minor injuries. They will always require medical attention and a period of time to heal. Many people are unable to return to work while they recover from their injury. That is why compensation will almost always include wage loss.
Common bone injuries from car accidents include:
- Skull fracture – these can cause concussion or brain laceration injuries where bleeding can occur inside the brain or outside of the head.
- Back fracture – this type of spine injury will often cause lifelong problems because they affect spinal nerves and the spinal cord itself. They range in severity from mild pain and discomfort, to debilitating damage.
- Facial fractures – these can damage the eyes, causing vision problems either temporarily or permanently. A broken nose or jaw may leave a person disfigured or with nerve damage.
- Tibia and Fibula fractures – these can leave a victim with poor mobility. A person may not be able to be as active as they once were.
- Rib fracture – cracked ribs are generally painful but are not easily treated. They require rest in order to heal and are often not diagnosed right away without an x-ray.
- Femur fracture – this is one of the strongest bones in the body. They are usually very painful, can be difficult to repair and may take a considerable amount of time to heal.
- Hip fracture – these can be very complicated as they often require surgery and lengthy recuperation. An elderly person with this type of bone injury may end up in a wheelchair and can even result in death.
- Clavicle fracture – this is a an injury to the collar bone. These can be very painful and may result in limited motion of the arm and shoulder for months.
Many of these broken bone injuries require a significant period of time to heal. Rehabilitation and therapy may be needed which is costly and time consuming. Broken bones and bone fractures from car accidents, can leave a person with lifelong side effects such as pain and discomfort and in more serious situations may leave a person disfigured or paralyzed.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Chicago car accident and have suffered broken or fractured bones, you need to receive all of your benefits, not just the ones the insurance company wants to accept. Serious car accident injuries have the potential to take over a person’s life, making it difficult to move forward.
Your Rightful Compensation
Insurance companies make billions of dollars by collecting as much as they can in premiums from ordinary people, then paying out as little as possible when claims are made. Their tactics of deny, delay, defend have been a mainstay after an accident for many, many years.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, you should be receiving compensation for ALL of your benefits. At Willens Law Offices, we determine your fair settlement based on several factors; past and future medical bills, rehabilitation, lost earnings, loss of earning capacity, disfigurement, pain and suffering, disability, loss of a normal life and changes in your relationships with your loved ones. We determine this at the appropriate time, on your time table, not in insurance company’s.
Contact Willens Law Offices for a FREE Consultation
Call Willens Law Offices as soon as possible following your Chicago car accident. We want to help. We have the knowledge and experience you need on your side. Call us for your FREE consultation at (312) 957-4166 or fill out our online contact form. We do not charge for our services unless or until we collect compensation for our clients and/or their families.
Chicago Personal Injury Practice Areas
Chicago Personal Injury Attorney
Chicago Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Chicago Boating Accident Lawyer
Chicago Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago Dog Bite LawyerChicago Mass Transit Accident Lawyer
Chicago Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Chicago Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Chicago Premises Liability LawyerChicago Product Liability Lawyer
Chicago Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Chicago Truck Accident Lawyer
Chicago Wrongful Death LawyerChicago Amputation Lawyer
Chicago Back Injury Lawyer
Chicago Broken Bone Lawyer
Chicago Burn Injury LawyerChicago Neck Injury Lawyer
Chicago Neck Pain Lawyer
Chicago Orthopedic Injury LawyerChicago Spine Injury Lawyer
Chicago Torn Meniscus LawyerChicago Personal Injury Lawyers
Chicago Personal Injury AttorneysAurora Personal Injury Lawyer
Elgin Personal Injury LawyerJoliet Personal Injury Lawyer
Naperville Personal Injury Lawyer