When you are coming to our office for your initial personal injury consultation, we need to see enough information to make an informed decision about your case, including its likelihood of success. To do that, we need as much information as possible. The exact information you should bring depends on the circumstances of your case, but in general you should try to assemble this information:
- Accident, incident, or injury reports from police, administrators, or other officials to document when, where, and under what circumstances the accident occurred
- Medical records for treatments you received related to your injury.
- Medical bills that include both covered and out-of-pocket expenses for your injuries
- Medical leave reports or other documents that show how much time you took off work due to your injury
- Pictures of the accident location, your injuries, and vehicles or machinery involved in the accident
- Correspondence received from insurance companies, medical providers, and others about the accident or injury
- Contact information for insurance companies, other parties involved, and any witnesses with relevant information
Obviously, this could amount to a great deal of paperwork to bring. However, it’s important to bring as much as you can so that we can get an understanding of the true circumstances of your case and make a determination about the likelihood of success for you.
When we talk to you on the phone to set up the appointment, we may specify additional information relevant to your case or tell you if some information is not necessary. If you can’t find some of the relevant information, we can often help you figure out who to contact about getting copies.
Contact Willens Law Offices to Receive a Free Consultation from an Experienced Attorney
To discuss your personal injury, medical malpractice, car accident or wrongful death case, call our Chicago Personal Injury Attorneys today at (312) 957-4166 to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. Initially, we will listen to you and offer you guidance. We see this initial FREE consultation not only as a way for us to get to know you, but also for you to better understand who we are and what we can do, so you can feel comfortable making the decision as to which law firm to hire.