Driving a SUV often makes people feel safer because they are in a bigger, sturdier vehicle.
Many people believe that if they are driving an SUV and get into a crash with a smaller vehicle such as a passenger car, they are less likely to feel the impact and suffer injuries. However, this may not be true in all cases, because SUVs are generally taller than other cars and may be more prone to rollover car accidents.
SUV Rollover Crashes
When a SUV rolls over, the passengers inside the vehicle can suffer serious injuries. If the roof collapses and is crushed, this can lead to serious head injuries. In SUVs, the seatbelts may not tighten automatically in the event of a rollover as it would in other types of crashes. The door latches may not secure properly, exposing the passengers to the risk of being ejected and getting seriously injured or even killed upon impact.
Common Injuries Suffered in SUV Rollover Crashes
- Head and brain injuries: If the roof of an SUV collapses or gets crushed, it can result in serious head and brain injuries. The victim may sustain facial lacerations from broken glass or skull fractures.
- Chest injuries: If the airbags fail to deploy, the victim may experience bruised or broken ribs.
- Neck injuries: If the head and neck jerks in a way that causes the neck to overextend, the victim may suffer whiplash. The victim may also suffer a slipped or herniated disc that can cause immense pain and nerve damage.
- Back and spinal injuries: Herniated or slipped discs are common injuries reported in SUV rollover crashes. A broken or bruised spinal column is also a serious injury that can result.
- Broken bones: Forceful impact can cause the bones to break. Broken legs or arms can be painful and take a very long time to heal.
- Bruises, cuts, and scrapes: These can be serious and disfiguring.
- Soft tissue injuries: SUV rollover crashes can cause ligaments, tendons, and muscles to stretch or become torn, and this can affect the victim’s ability to move the affected limbs, interfering with daily activities.
If you have been injured in a SUV rollover crash, chances are that you are facing huge medical bills and you may be unable to work for a long time. Seek legal advice from a Chicago car accident lawyer to ensure that you receive compensation that covers all your expenses. Call Willens Law Offices at (312) 957-4166 for a free case evaluation.
Car Accident Types
Chicago Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer
Chicago At Fault Accident Lawyer
Chicago Attempted Pass Accident Lawyer
Chicago Bad Weather Accident Lawyer
Chicago Brake Failure Accident Lawyer
Chicago Cell Phone Accident Lawyer
Chicago Construction Zone Accident Lawyer
Chicago Cross Solid Yellow Line Accident Lawyer
Chicago Defective Roadway Accident Lawyer
Chicago Denied Claim Accident Lawyer
Chicago Distracted Driving Accident LawyerChicago Drowsy Driving Accident Lawyer
Chicago Head On Collision Lawyer
Chicago Hit and Run Accident Lawyer
Chicago Failure to Yield Accident Lawyer
Chicago Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago Friend Crashes Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago Low Speed Accident Lawyer
Chicago Multi Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago Parking Lot Accident Lawyer
Chicago Rear End Collision Lawyer
Chicago Right Hand Turn Accident LawyerChicago Right of Way Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago Speeding Accident Lawyer
Chicago Stationary Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago SUV Rollover Accident Lawyer
Chicago Under-insured Accident Lawyer
Chicago Uninsured Driver Accident Lawyer
Chicago Whiplash Accident Lawyer
Chicago Work Zone Accident Lawyer
Chicago Wrong Way Driving Accident
Car Accident Injuries
Car Accident Amputation
Car Accident Back Injury
Car Accident Broken Bones
Car Accident Burn Injury
Car Accident Chronic Illness
Car Accident Chronic Pain
Car Accident Delayed Injury
Car Accident Hand Injury
Car Accident HeadacheCar Accident Internal Bleeding
Car Accident Knee Injury
Car Accident Lacerations
Car Accident Lost Earning Capacity
Car Accident Lung Injury
Car Accident Nasal Fractures
Car Accident Organ Damage
Car Accident ParalysisCar Accident Pelvic Fractures
Car Accident PTSD
Car Accident Rib Injury
Car Accident Rotator Cuff
Car Accident Ruptured Tendon
Car Accident Shoulder Injury
Car Accident Spinal Cord Injury
Car Accident Spinal Fusion
Car Accident Tinnitus
Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago Car Accident Lawyer
Chicago Car Accident Lawyers
Chicago Car Accident Attorney
Chicago Car Accident Attorneys
Chicago Auto Accident LawyerChicago Auto Accident Attorney
Chicago Car Crash Lawyer
Chicago Car Crash Attorney
Chicago Car Injury Lawyer
Chicago Car Wreck LawyerAurora Car Accident Lawyer
Elgin Car Accident Lawyer
Joliet Car Accident Lawyer
Naperville Car Accident Lawyer