Chicago Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been the victim of a Chicago car accident, you are not alone – our experienced car accident attorneys are here and ready to help!
Being involved in a car accident can be a life-changing event. A serious car accident injury has the potential to take over your life, making it difficult for you and your family to move forward.
Even if you are a safe and defensive driver, you cannot control the actions of others. When a reckless or negligent driver is the cause of your serious injuries, you deserve compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages and possibly, lost earning potential.
If you have been injured in a Chicago car accident, due to the negligence or recklessness of another driver, our attorneys know how to step in and take care of the details that will protect your rights and options, giving you the compensation you need and deserve.
Types of Chicago Car Accident Injuries
Being involved in a Chicago car accident is an unfortunate fact of life for many people. While some accidents are minor, resulting in minor injuries, others are serious, resulting in life-changing, even debilitating ones. Serious car accident injuries can mean lost wages, loss of earning potential, long-term medical care, and medical bills. The type of compensation that you need will often depend on the type of injury you suffered and it’s severity.
Some of the more common types of car accident injuries are:
- Neck injury – in addition to whiplash, there are other types of neck injuries a person can suffer. They can affect a persons spine and nerves.
- Back injury – an injury to the back can include muscles and ligament strains and sprains, vertebral fractures, herniated discs and spinal compression. Some back injuries just cause chronic pain, while are debilitating, even causing paralysis.
- Whiplash – this common neck injury occurs when the soft tissues are injured because the neck experiences vigorous movement from an external force. Approximately 3 million people suffer whiplash injuries each year. It affects the neck, spine, and neural pathways. It is not uncommon for people to experience chronic pain for the rest of their lives.
- TBI – traumatic brain injury is classified into mild, moderate and severe. The severity of the injury is classified by looking at the victim’s level of consciousness based on verbal, motor, and eye-opening reactions when stimulated.
- Knee injury – knee fractures, torn meniscus, torn ACL and MCL tears are some of the most common knee injuries a person can experience from a car wreck. Physical therapy, surgery and rehabilitation may be needed as a result.
- Broken bone and bone fractures – when a car accident victim suffers a broken bone or bone fracture, they are not minor injuries. They will always require medical attention and a period of time to heal. Many people are unable to return to work while they recover from their injury.
- Fatal car accident – while monetary compensation cannot bring a loved one back, it can help with the day-to-day financial problems many family members experience as a result.
No matter what type of injury you suffer, you should be receiving all of your benefits. Insurance companies make billions of dollars by collecting as much as they can in premiums from ordinary people, then paying out as little as possible when claims are made. Their tactics of deny, delay, defend have been a mainstay after an accident for many, many years.
At Willens Law Offices, we want to help you take control of your situation so you can focus on what matters most — getting back on track.
Your Rightful Compensation After a Car Accident
An insurance company will rarely offer someone without a reputable personal injury lawyer a full and fair settlement. We determine your fair settlement based on several factors:
- past and future medical bills
- lost earnings
- loss of earning capacity
- pain and suffering
- loss of a normal life
- changes in your relationships with your loved ones
We determine all of these things at the appropriate time, on our client’s time table, not the insurance company’s.
Chicago Car Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Chicago car accident, as the result of another person’s negligent behavior, contact the Chicago Car Accident Attorneys at Willens Law Offices. We don’t represent insurance companies. We don’t represent physicians in medical malpractice matters. We focus exclusively on representing individuals and their families who were injured by someone else’s negligence.
Since we charge no legal fees, unless and until we succeed in obtaining a monetary recovery for you, you can count on us fighting hard to get you the compensation you need and deserve. Call us today at (312) 957-4166 or fill out our online contact form for your FREE consultation.